Thursday, September 6, 2012

Life Without Kids

It's been 26 years since we haven't had a child at home with us.  Our youngest left almost 2 weeks ago.  Not sure how I feel about that.

Strange is all I can come up with.  The last 3 years, our youngest was the only child home.  He became my go-to guy.  My person I could yell for "need tall person!" when I couldn't reach something.  The one who understood when the 3rd person in the house was being ..... let's say unreasonable.  

I have been busy since he's been gone.  I was gone 1 1/2 days after he left for 6 days.  Then the 3rd person in the house left the next day for a family reunion.  He was gone for 5 days.  We both are home for 5 days, but I leave tomorrow for 10 days.  

Being busy helps.

My youngest sent me a text last week that made me smile.  "I have had salad everyday so far.  Proud?"  Yes, I am.  Not because he's actually eating pretty healthy, but the fact that he sent that to me. 

Yesterday, while chatting in text via Skype, he said he was a bit homesick.  That he missed seeing people.  I wondered for a split second if I was one of those people.  

But, I know.  Yes I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment