Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Homesick

In the last 2 weeks, I have received messages from the young one that he misses being here. 

Awwwww, he's homesick.  

I'm sure it must be somewhat weird for him because for most of his life, he has lived in a house full of people.  There has always been one of us he could turn to.  Someone always home.  Someone always there for him.

And now, he's out in the world, by himself.  

I called the oldest son, who lives just 30 minutes away from youngest, to ask him if he'd call young brother and see if he wanted to hang out at his place over the weekend with two of his older brothers.  

I'm sure all they'll do is sit and play video games with each other the entire time.  But, it will be with his family.  With people who have known and taken care of him all his life.  The comfort zone.

He's homesick for home.  I'm homesick for him.  I also feel like I'm all alone.  Yes, my other half is around, but.........it's not the same.  

I am so looking forward to the holidays.  We will not be in our family home.  However, all of us will be together.

Home, to me, means where my heart is and that is with all my boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment